- Processing the payroll across two brands, from start to finish. This is very much a hands-on role, and you will be responsible. You must have experience of processing daily weekly and monthly payroll, and preferably for temps or contractor payrolls, including Umbrella payroll. You must be able to do manual payroll calculations and have a good knowledge of payroll and pension thresholds. However training is available.
- There will be an opportunity to be trained on some aspects of cashiering to support the Senior Finance Officer. This includes bank reconciliation, credit control, purchase ledger, payments, and cash-flow reports.
Experience and Skills
- A minimum 2 years umbrella payroll experience
- You must be in a payroll role currently or have very recent experience in payroll
- Experience in start to finish payroll processing, with experience of taking ownership of the payroll function
- Excellent communicator with a professional telephone manner
- Payroll qualification desirable CIPP
- Professional manner, pro-active, with a can-do attitude
- Quick study and able to do manually calculations as well as through the system
- Experience of high-volume payroll runs on weekly basis.
- Working under pressure and dealing with multiple aspects of the payroll process
- Intermediate to Advanced user of Excel spreadsheets including macros, Sage Line 50 payroll or similar.
- Can work at pace and willing to support the wider team, where permitted to do so