- Processing the payroll across three brands, from start to finish. This is very much a hands-on role, and you will be responsible with one other payroll colleague for leading payroll projects and process improvements, In conjunction with the Group Operations Manager and CEO. You must have experience of processing daily weekly and monthly payroll, and preferably temp or contractor payrolls, including Umbrella payroll. You must be able to do manual payroll calculations and have excellent knowledge of payroll and pension thresholds.
- There will be an opportunity to be trained on some aspects of cashiering to support the Senior Finance Officer. This includes bank reconciliation, credit control, purchase ledger, payments, and cash-flow reports. Financial aspects in respect of payroll will be overseen by our management accountant.
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 5-8 years payroll experience
- You must be in a payroll role currently or have very recent and extensive experience in Payroll
- Experience in start to finish payroll processing, with experience of taking ownership of the payroll function
- Excellent communicator with a professional telephone manner
- Payroll knowledge and a payroll qualification preferable e.g. CIPP
- Professional manner, pro-active, with a can-do attitude
- Quick study and able to do manually calculations as well as through the system
- Experience of high-volume payroll runs on weekly basis.
- Working under pressure and dealing with multiple aspects of the payroll process
- Advanced user of Excel spreadsheets including macros, Sage Line 50 payroll or Xero software.
- Can work at pace and willing to support the wider team, where permitted to do so